Blog Archive

Friday, August 26, 2011

Why I Support Ron Paul

Son, people work a hell of a lot harder when they can’t see their chains.

Those were my fathers words to me as a child. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I had the good fortune of having a brilliant father. When I was in the 7th grade [1992], at my Dad’s request, I asked my history teacher if I could write a paper on who actually owned the printing press [which Dad had already volunteered to write for me]. Though my request to write a paper on this was denied, my Dad got a good laugh out of it. He knew that people had no desire to discuss such things, and those that did were dismissed as ‘conspiracy theorists’.

Unwilling student that I was, he taught me about the important things in life. His lessons were the practical type; of history, of politics… of religion, and war. He taught me the things that every father should teach his son. I foolishly believed that he was a cunning businessman and tactician, but a political kook. Then one day a friend then told me about Ron Paul and I started my own research into this man. It was then that it all clicked, everything that Ron Paul was saying was like a flashback to my childhood.


My Dad was right; all of a sudden I could see my chains.

With every article read, and each video watched, my meager understanding grew… along with my anger. I quickly came to the conclusion that he very well may be the only honest man in American politics! When the drums of war had reached their fevered pitch, and the entire nation was blinded by patriotism, Dr. Paul was the consistent voice of reason. He was the only one that would not waiver in the face of overwhelming opposition, holding his ground and pointing to the root of the problem while others foolishly attacked the symptoms.


His predictions of our current economic crisis, a prediction that was at first met with mockery and scorn from both sides of the political isle, has revealed their incompetence and forced his rivals to eat their words in full. They audaciously sing a different tune today, desperately hoping that our memories are as feeble as their integrity. They speak in slogans, and applause lines, they demagogue and browbeat, and fearmonger. And they do all of this because they lack the knowledge sufficient to legitimately debate, they know their record reflects the opposite of their rhetoric, and now the people know it too.


One of the things that I admire most about Ron Paul is the fact that he refuses to use his religious beliefs as a method of coercion, a rare thing in politics today. It’s a simple thing, I know, but an important one to me. It tells me that he really does believe in the things he talks about. The use of religion as a tool of control is an evil thing to me, and it goes against everything that I believe in. When I see them selling their faith it makes my hair stand on end and my blood boil with rage, mere words cannot describe my loathing for such people
 
Finally, through all of these intellectual victories he has remained humble. His unwillingness to attack his rivals, and trumpet his own achievements is a stark contrast from the status-quo. Even the constant prodding by his vast army of supporters cannot sway him from this course, making his rare moments of fiery rebuke a thing to stand up and cheer for!

Never in our lifetime has one man inspired so many. He has been an inspiration to myself, and to millions of people around the world. No doubt history will remember him as the greatest defender of liberty since the founding of our nation, and rightfully so.

If you are also moved to support Dr. Ron Paul for President of the United States in 2012, please join me and pledge your support at http://www.ronpaul2012.com/pages/pledge.html?pid=sb1

Your friend in liberty,
Scott Bain

No comments:

Post a Comment

About DD for Liberty

We render unto Caesar, but we write Caesar's laws.
We should write and uphold laws that go no further than protecting your God given right to life, liberty and property, the pursuit of happiness.
I am a wife and mother that wants the best for her family. The best as I see it is for Government to get out of the way.
God is our protector and has equipped us with all the faculties and means necessary for a productive and free life and I need no man to tell my family what is best for them.
I am a Patriot and Libertarian.
I am a fan of the greatest Peacemaker Jesus.
Taxation is theft.
If you seek security over liberty you deserve neither.
My favorite quote:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”~Samuel Adams