Blog Archive

Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day Review

I hope everyone enjoyed their Independence Day celebrations.
I enjoyed a trip to the lake with great friends, an awesome boat, enough food to feed the entire lake and the greatest weather imaginable. I had stimulating conversations with a surprising amount of libertarian thinking individuals, laughed a lot and had one of the best days I've had in recent memory.
I attended church and participated in performing a medley of patriotic music and enjoyed a sermon that almost touched on the Declaration of Independence. I was happy with the suggestion that our country should be concerned with peace from the pulpit. I do enjoy our preacher's sermons.
I went to a family cookout at my soon to be son in law's home and truly enjoyed the company of those present.
Then I came home and read the Declaration of Independence and watched Judge Andrew Napolitano's Freedom Watch on Fox Business.
That is when I found what I had been missing. The true meaning of what we were and are celebrating. Without our founders vision 234 years ago and their pledge to give up all they own, their own lives and fortunes to secure the vision through a Revolution in which they were out numbered and faced almost certain death, we would not have the opportunity to enjoy the weekend we enjoyed.
How far our people, states and nation have strayed from what the Founders secured.
I pledge my life and fortune to the same principles as our Founders and I will be proud to stand up for the ideals and liberties they secured.
I found that this Independence Day to be my line in the sand.
Give me Liberty or give me death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About DD for Liberty

We render unto Caesar, but we write Caesar's laws.
We should write and uphold laws that go no further than protecting your God given right to life, liberty and property, the pursuit of happiness.
I am a wife and mother that wants the best for her family. The best as I see it is for Government to get out of the way.
God is our protector and has equipped us with all the faculties and means necessary for a productive and free life and I need no man to tell my family what is best for them.
I am a Patriot and Libertarian.
I am a fan of the greatest Peacemaker Jesus.
Taxation is theft.
If you seek security over liberty you deserve neither.
My favorite quote:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”~Samuel Adams